We have worked hard all our lives and now we want what we are entitled to. We want to be recognized as the group of new middle aged people – those in their fifties and sixties plus – who hold a substantial portion of the wealth of the nation.
As a group, people over fifty account for over $2.4 trillion in annual income, which translates into more than 42% of all after tax income in the US.
We want what we are entitled to.
We want recognition as the wealthiest group in the nation. We are more than 78 million strong, and control more than 67% of the Country’s wealth.
We want to be catered to. We want respect.
The average net worth of head of households in the 55-64 year old group has a medium income of more than $112,000, which is more than 15 times the figure reported for the under 35 age crowd.
When are we going to start getting the recognition, as a group, that we are entitled to as the people with the greatest purchasing power?
A Partial List of What We Want:
1. We want to be catered to.
2. We want cosmetic products designed to help us look longer.
3. We want drugs and herbal products designed specifically to help us live longer, happier, and healthier lives.
4. We want exercise programs developed by our peers.
5. We want fitness trainers in our own age group.
6. We want financial programs adapted specifically to our goals.
7. We want insurance products geared to our age and longevity prospects.
8. We want travel programs designed specifically with us in mind
9. We want commercials and Ads, which use our peers as models.
10. We want products developed that will make our lives easier.
11. We want second career work opportunities developed with us in mind.
12. We want affordable second home opportunities.
13. We want a tax break geared specifically to the New Middle Aged.
I am sure the list could go on and on. Please e-mail us using the comment form with your suggestions of what we are entitled to as part of the New Middle Aged, and your recommendations as to how we should go about making our wishes know to the political and business community.
Please remember, there is strength in numbers and you are entitled to have your needs addressed. You have worked hard to get where you are. Now it is your turn.
To make your feelings known please use the comments form at http://newmiddleagedgroup.blogspot.com