Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Never Too Old

I just got a great review for my novel Johnny Oops. Makes me feel young again. What about you? Do you feel younger when you achieve success?


Johnny Oops 5 star review from across the pond

5.0 out of 5 stars Full Of Chuckles! Great Fun!, December 5, 2011
By
Bryden "J. Bryden Lloyd" ((Author - UK)) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Johnny Oops (Kindle Edition)
I went into this expecting a diary-type book about the trials and tribulations of a typical growing guy... something that has been "done to death" over the years, since Adrian Mole burst onto the scene many years ago.

... and yes, this WAS the trials and tribulations of a... well, a guy... but that is where any similarity ended.

Levine showed superb style throughout this book, especially with the humorous elements that make this book into the great read it is. There are more than enough twists and turns in this book to keep you reading. Everything from the characters to the places are written so consistently well, the story flows and rolls between superb bouts of apathy and frustration as Johnny paddles his way through life.

It's a while since I bought a book based on just wanting a good laugh, and Johnny Oops delivered on every level, and then a few I had never considered. I have to recommend this purely based on that fact.

The second book is already primed in my Kindle and will be taking a prominent role in my TBR list. So, if you are looking for a genuinely fun read, I recommend this whole-heartedly.

Excellent!

No comments: