Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I’m Writing As Fast As I Can

I wake up every morning and rush to my computer to start writing. I don’t even stop for coffee or to make a pit stop until I get my first thoughts of the day down. I am writing as fast as I can because I don’t want to forget or lose any of the thoughts I have stuffed into my head; my dreams, my hopes for the future, my imagination run wild.

It is a compulsion I admit, but then where would we be if we weren’t driven by one thought or goal or another? Where would we be if we tempered down our emotions to the point that we were acting more like robots than humans? Where would we be if we substituted mundane function for thought provoking instinct and action? Where would we be if we let our inhibitions keep us from being the creative and vibrant human beings that we are capable of being?

I can’t imagine the day when I don’t avail myself of the opportunity to create something new at my computer keyboard. I have all these things to say; that’s why I am writing as fast as I can.

What about you? Are you taking advantage of one form of communication or another to express yourself? Are you doing all you can to add to the general good by expressing yourself? Are you allowing yourself to be creative?

You don’t have to be a writer to express yourself or your feelings. You can do it at work, or with a gesture to a loved one, or by humming a favorite tune. You can do it with a smile, or a comforting word to someone in need of your friendship and good thoughts. You can even do it just by the feelings of good will that you share with others.

I think we all need to find a way to express ourselves, and to let our imaginations run wild. We can’t keep our emotions in a box. We have to let other people know how we really feel.

That’s why I’m urging you to express yourself. Go ahead and let your true feeling out. The time is now for you to take action. You could begin to feel wonderful.

There, don’t you feel better? I know that I do.



Hi, this is Arthur Levine, to find out how I express myself in my writings, please go to: http://johnnyoops.blogspot.com.

No comments: